Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy Book Birthday Ares' Temptation!

Ares' Temptation
Ares’ Temptation
by Aubrie Dionne
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 183 pages
Release Date: March 2015
ISBN: 978-1-63375-249-8
Imprint: Covet

The God of War is about to discover love…

At the wedding of two Greek gods, Kaye Underhill is the only mortal in a sea of scantily clad nymphs and fickle satyrs. And worse — she’s dateless. The only bright side is the hot, muscled hunkiness of the God of War, who’s seated next to her. But there’s no way Kaye could ever grab a god’s attention… Is there?

Ares is in big trouble. A vengeful witch curses him, and the first person he touches will steal his strengths, while he receives their weaknesses. When Kaye trips, Ares catches her and poof! His powers disappear, and Kaye suddenly has the strength and coordination of a Greek god. To break the curse and regain his powers, Ares must get Kaye to fall in love with him.

But for the god who makes war, making love presents a whole new set of problems…

You can see an excerpt and buy links HERE

My Review
So I haven't read this author yet, but I'm told some of the characters come from Pan's Conquest. I haven't read it, so I don't know much about it. But this is a stand alone and I liked this one a lot, so I may have to try Pan's Conquest :) And the mythology is so much fun!

I don't know that much about Ares, other than God of War. And I thought he was usually a bad guy or major destructive- you know, war... LOL So this was so intriguing to me, as he's a cool kid. Hekate cursed curse him, and he lost his powers to Kaye, so he basically turned into one of us- a human. He's funny, as I laughed with him trying to figure out things. Yeah he has some struggles, but it made me love him. Kaye is a great character too. You see, when Ares lost his powers to Kaye, he could only get them back if Kaye fell in love with him. Oh, and a bad side effect, Ares also got all of Kaye's weaknesses. HEHEHEHE! Kaye is mortal and goofy and clumsy as all get out. 


This book is some big crazy thing. It's a light read, with a good bit of humor, and a sweet romance, so it made for good pacing and ending with enjoyment. I loved how Ares thought it would be easy for him, but he learned some valuable lessons along the way. And I liked that he wasn't the bad guy here. It's nice to see a change in those Greek Gods sometimes. And I loved the way Ares has no idea what went on with Kaye and her family. So with that said, I love this one for the humor and the fresh outlook on mythology. It's quick and fun! I say try it! 4 PAWS!! 

About Aubrie Dionne

Aubrie Dionne is an author and flutist in New England. She started writing because her flute students urged her to publish the stories she made up in their lessons. Her books are influenced by her undying love of Star Wars and Star Trek, and by her own musical life. When she's not writing, Aubrie teaches flute and plays in orchestras.
FIND THE AUTHOR HERE: 
  @Authoraubrie      Website     Good Reads     Linked In    

No comments:

Post a Comment