Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Book Birthday Phoenix in my Future by RL Naquin!!

The Monster Haven series by R.L. Naquin
I love this series so much, and now I'm gunna cry,  because it's over. Yes, you heard me, over, one my my majorly most favorite series has come to an end. and today, the last book of the series is releasing, so I figured I'd show you some goodies :) 


Phoenix in My Fortune (Monster Haven, #6)

Phoenix in My Fortune
A Monster Haven Story (Book 6)

When Zoey Donovan found out monsters are real, her life changed—mostly for the better. Since then, she’s fought bad guys, saved the world a time or two and earned the love of a growing family of humans and Hidden creatures alike. But the danger that’s chased her from the beginning is finally here.
Shadow Man, aka The Last Hidden, has stepped out of the story humans wrote for him and into the real world, hell-bent on stealing children. Fiction has become reality and Shadow Man intends to break the Covenant, reclaim the Hidden, and kill all Aegises along the way…triple bad news for Zoey and her mother, the only two Aegises still alive.
Zoey will have to rescue the stolen kids and hunt down the most terrifying villain humanity has ever imagined. But how can she fight a creature only invented a few years ago? If Shadow Man triumphs, the world as she knows it will end. If Zoey succeeds in driving him out, the people she loves the most may be lost to her forever.
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:



Amazon KindlelogoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBookstore logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo



My Review

Let me tell you how I cried like a baby. And it wasn't for the first big death scene. It was for the end, the most magnificent thing I think I've ever read. Oh my God, I swear if I would have been in public, someone would have thought my mom died. I knew some big things were coming. I knew it was going to wrap up, being the last book of the series. I also knew to tell myself not to act like I just lost my best friend. And yet, that's exactly how I took this one. I read Zoey and her stories from the beginning. I happened to see this crazy cool looking cover on Netgalley, and requested it. And yay, I got my hands on Monster in My Closet. This gave me Maurice. Who is the ultimate best friend, that wonderful little closet monster. Maurice and Zoey have been together since the beginning. You'll have to read that one to understand that. And we met Riley, Aggie, Bruce, Sara, Darius, Kam, Iris, Andrew, Milo, Howard.   I mean there's a lot of awesome characters introduced in here. Then we got Pooka in my Pantry. I was already hooked after book one, so I immediately requested it on Netgalley the day it was put on there. There we met Silas. HA! I can't say too much. In Fairies in my Fireplace, this is the first big whammy I got. I still remember how much I cried like a baby. I also remember how much this book made me love the series so much that it became a must have. Golem in my Glovebox gave me Gris. And we get Zoey's mom. Demons in my Driveway brought the zombie apocalypse, literally, and introduced us to Shadow Man. Bernice and Art are official character now. And even though it took a big tole on her, Zoey saved the world, again. 

The bad guys are back, except it's just one. And he's the mother of scary, because his biggest goal is to kill every last Aegis, which is only Zoey and her mom. And though there's all the characters that Zoey saved over time, willing to help her, it's really hard when no one but her can see him. After everything that's happened, you would think Zoey could get a break, but this one is maybe the darkest of the books. He's stealing kids, he's stalking Zoey, and no one can see him but her. Zoey has become the best heroine one could ask for in a book. She's grown so much, she's changed a good bit, and she's learned. And best yet, she's gunna make sure everyone makes it out alive, even if it means sacrificing herself. 

We've followed this series to this mark. The writing is flawless, magnificent, brilliant. I actually caught on to the messages Zoey was getting, BUT I was NOT prepared for THAT ending. I had a suspicion on one part, but I lost a little piece of my heart at the end. I also cried happy tears with the end ending. After all the bad, sometimes there really needs to be a good. :) And I loved Maurice's little silly song at the end. I am so glad I took a chance on a book I wasn't sure about in the beginning. I'm thrilled that the publisher loved me enough- probably all the messages I sent them about this series- to let me read them all! I know that this is the end of the series, but I am saying every prayer under the sun that this author finds a way to continue some kind of spin off with this. These characters, the world building, and the history of each character and myth is just too good to let go! I will seriously miss so many of these characters! An AMAZING BITTERSWEET MAGICALLY DELICIOUS 5 PAWS!!!




Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven, #5)


Demons in My Driveway (Monster Haven #5)

Zoey Donovan Aegis and co-opted protector of all things supernatural is moving up in the Hidden world. Actually, she's being drop kicked onto the front lines of a fight between the newly formed Cult of Imagination and Hidden governments everywhere.

The Cult is opening portals and unleashing demons, vampires and werewolves, growing closer to breaking the lock that holds back the zombie apocalypse with every world they crack open. Oh, and they want every last Aegis in the world dead, and a roving band of Hidden worshippers is only too eager to assist.

On the upside, Zoey finally has her mother back. But having another Aegis around one with very different ideas on how to run things is proving difficult. For their own safety, they're stuck inside Zoey's home. What was once a haven is now a prison, further straining maternal relations and alienating her reaper boyfriend. Taking down a cult and saving the world again would be a lot easier if she could go farther than her own driveway.

My Review is HERE!


Golem in My Glovebox by R.L. Naquin

Golem in My Glovebox
A Monster Haven Story (Book 4)

In her role as Aegis, Zoey Donovan has rescued and cared for hundreds of monsters and mythical creatures. Now humans are the ones in need of her help. Someone with a personal vendetta against the Board of Hidden Affairs has kidnapped all the other Aegises in the country—including Zoey’s mother.
With the Hidden government in shambles and a string of deadly clues to follow, Zoey and her reaper boyfriend set out on a cross-country chase to stop the kidnapper from killing the captured Aegises. Along the way, they pick up a miniature golem who’s on a quest to find his humanity…and may be the key to solving the grisly clues.
If Zoey succeeds in defeating this new evil, she’ll finally be reunited with the mother she lost over twenty years ago. But if she fails, she’ll become the final victim. (80,000 words)
Audiobook coming soon. Check back for details or watch for the announcement on Facebook.
Add to Goodreads


Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon KindlelogoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBookstore logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Fairies in my Fireplace by R.L. Naquin

Fairies in My Fireplace
A Monster Haven Story (Book 3)

A migration of mythical creatures has begun, and more and more of them are landing on Zoey Donovan’s doorstep. As the only Aegis left in the country, it falls to her to protect the Hidden and keep them safe—and her house has become a sanctuary for water sprites, goblins, harpies, djinn and more.
Keeping track of her boarders is a full-time job, and Zoey’s already got her hands full trying to run her wedding planning business. Good thing she has a resident closet monster to keep her organized, and a hot Reaper boyfriend to help her relax every once in a while.
But she can’t keep up monster-triage indefinitely, and as more Hidden arrive, it becomes clear that someone—or something—is hunting them. In the midst of planning an event for a notoriously difficult client, Zoey’s got to figure out who’s behind the hunt…and she’s got to stop them before there are no Hidden left. (86,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Pooka in My PantryA Monster Haven Story (Book 2)

Zoey Donovan—empath, wedding planner, go-to girl for monsters with personal problems—has been marked twice for pickup by Death. On both occasions, Riley the smoking-hot reaper has refused to follow through. For his breach of protocol, Riley is now on probation. For her refusal to die on schedule, Zoey’s right to live is challenged. She will have to undergo a life-or-death trial, but she won’t know when or where it will happen…
With a little luck, she might be able to save everyone and still have time for a second attempt at a decent first date with her favorite reaper.Staying alive might not be so difficult if the Leprechaun Mafia hadn’t strolled into town. Now every business owner with the slightest connection to the supernatural community is being threatened with the most appalling bad luck if they don’t pay up. Mirrors are smashed, bodies are dropping, and Zoey’s still got clients waiting for fabric samples. (89,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Monster in My Closet - cover

Monster in My Closet
A Monster Haven Story (Book 1)

I stopped believing in monsters long ago. But I knew I wasn’t imagining things when I found one in my kitchen baking muffins. I’d seen him before: lurking in my closet, scaring the crap out of my five-year-old self. Turns out that was a misunderstanding, and now Maurice needs a place to stay. How could I say no?
After all, I’ve always been a magnet for the emotionally needy, and not just in my work as a wedding planner. Being able to sense the feelings of others can be a major pain. Don’t get me wrong, I like helping people—and non-people. But this ability has turned me into a gourmet feast for an incubus, a demon that feeds off emotional energy. Now, brides are dropping dead all over town, and my home has become a safe house for the supernatural. I must learn to focus my powers and defeat the demon before he snacks on another innocent woman and comes looking for the main course… (77,000 words)
Add to Goodreads

Buy it now at one of these online e-book retailers:

Amazon Kindle logoAudible.com logoNook logoBuy it now on KoboBooks-A-Million logoApple iBooks logoGet it on Google PlayCarina Press logo


Monster Haven Short Stories

Follow Zoey and her friends on brand new adventures. Set between the novels in the Monster Haven series, each story blends new monsters and old friends. Find the Monster Haven short stories everywhere fantastic e-books are available.
what-zoey-doesnt-know-v02
“What Zoey Doesn’t Know” – Monster Haven #3.5Coming in April!
hidden-holidays_v02
“Hidden Holidays” – Monster Haven #2.5
ill-conceived-magic_v02
“Ill-Conceived Magic” – Monster Haven #1.5


Author


R. L. Naquin is an urban fantasy novelist and short story writer. She writes the Monster Haven series for Carina Press. You can find her on the Web at: www.rlnaquin.com
Rachel’s head is packed with an outrageous amount of useless Disney trivia. She is terrified of thunder, but not of lightning, and often recites the Disneyland dedication speech during storms to keep herself calm. She finds it appalling that nobody from Disney has called yet with her castle move-in date.
Originally from Northern California, she has a tendency to move every few years, resulting in a total of seven different states and a six-year stint in England. Currently, she’s planning  her next grand adventure. Rachel has one heroic husband, two genius kids, a crazy-catlady starter kit, and an imaginary dog named Waffles.
She doesn’t have time for a real dog.

A huge thank you for NetGalley and Carina Press who have let me read this whole series!!! 

I hope you guys check this series out! I love it so much!! Happy reading and later gators!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment